Monday, July 12, 2010

Lit'l Fishie!




Yeah, I know the bass is little, but it's the lure i'm talkin' about. It's called the "Lit'l Fishie" Swimbait from Creme. Yeah that's right, another Creme lure. They have quickly become my favorite soft plastic company. Rapala being my favorite hard plastic maker.


I first came across this little bait at Wal-mart about a month ago and actually picked a three pack up. They were on clearance for .75, so I thought, What the heck, but after thinking about the limited space I had at the time in my SP box I put them back. Then a few days back I saw them again at a local tackle shop for .35 a piece with a small leadhead jig hook. This time I took one, in chartreuse, and the fish absolutely love it! It is kinda small so I am having some trouble setting the hook on larger fish, so I am going to get some larger ones that will hopefully solve that issue.


The Lit'l Fishie was first put out by the Knight lure company. In 1989 Knight and Creme merged and Creme took over the production of the Lit'l Fishie line. The one I have is actually an older Knight product. The guy that owns the tackle shop has quite a few older lures and such. I think he must have a back stock from 20 years ago!


Anyway, if you get a chance to try the Lit'l Fishie don't pass it up! They are a very fun lure, especially in the smaller size, because so many species will hit it. It's a great lure when you want to put down the worms, or cranks and just have a little fun!

1 comment: