Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Berkley Gulp Maggots.








I have been, in the past few weeks, trying out alternative baits for panfishing. I have always used worms, but I want something that I can keep in my bag, and not have a big disgusting mess every time I go fishing. I have tried corn, bread, grubs/jigs, and a number of berkley power baits.

Today I tried Berkley Gulp Maggots. I like these because they stand up to more than one fish, and are not messy, and oh yeah, they catch fish! The Crappie Nibbles I used before these are very delicate, and often fall off the hook before a fish even bites. The fish seemed to like them a lot, but the maggots seem to be even better.

I just got home from about 20 minutes of fishing. It was too hot to stay out any longer, but I caught a whole mess of B-gills and only had to reload a few times. I will surely keep a jar of these in my bag at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment