Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Non-target species II





Normally I would not think of a crappie as a non-target species, however it was the last thing on my mind at the place I was fishing. The Rodman dam & reservoir is known for monster catfish. A guy pulled in a 20 pounder while we were there. While I don't think my reel could handle one that big I was hoping for a cat in the 10-15 pound range. I didn't even get a nibble.

The shiner came tonight at my main lake. I have never caught one before. I actually got two, but I let the first one go with out a pic. I was using corn nibs, a small hook, and a bobber.

I saved a spincast rod & reel with a broken tip from the trash and put a new tip on it, and was really just playing with the bluegills, but I got a neat surprise with the shiners!

No comments:

Post a Comment