Sunday, August 22, 2010

Misadventures in bassing.

Eagle Landing Golf Course
Not my picture.


So, I was fishing a golf course lake with decorative rock work and a bridge over it. In other trips I have caught some nice bass there, however this time a caught a wasp in the face. Yeah that's right, I got stung in the face.

I was standing on the other side of the bridge and cast a T-rigged worm to the rocks on the other side and got hung up. So, I set the rod up against the bridge and climbed up through the palms on the side and I guess I walked into a nest and WHAM, I got nailed!

Of course it stung like fire for about 30 minutes, and my cheek swelled up a bit, but I didn't let it stop me from my mission. The gator, however, had different plans. he was about 4-5', and I hooked into him twice. The first time I was using a holographic bluegill swimbait from Tsunami. I had passed it close to him a few times but he didn't pay it any notice, so I thought I was ok to keep fishing it near him. Wrong! After about the 4th cast he lunged at it and I hooked him in the mouth. I fought him for a bit, but he threw the hook and i went back to fishing for bass.

After a while of nothing I switched up to a 3 1/2" Lit'l Fishie and on the first cast I hooked the same gator in the tail. This time he was submerged, so I didn't even know he was there. This time I battled him all the way to shore, where he performed a beautiful death roll and tossed the hook.

Unfortunately I was not able to get any pictures. Some one was standing by with my camera, but didn't realize I wanted them to start shooting pics right away, and was waiting for me to land the thing.

Oh well. The fight was awesome, so I guess I have something to be thankful for!




No comments:

Post a Comment