Tuesday, June 29, 2010

One bass... but a good one!


Yay!



Same fish, but, yay!




Went out twice today. The first time was in the middle of the day, around 2pm, and it was over 100 degrees, so I didn't last long. I was only there to try for some bluegills, and I got about five before I had to get out of the sun.


However the clouds rolled in around 4pm and we got a light rain. I almost let the rain stop me, but I said, you know what, I won't melt, so out I went. I first tried out my new 8" Creme's in watermelon red flake, but after a few missed fish I decided it was too big for them, so I cut it down to 6" and BAM, got that guy in the pictures. She tore up the worm pretty good, so I cut it down to 4", but got no more hits. I tried a few other lures with no success, so I sat down and tried for some more bluegills. Got about three before they stopped biting.


I then switched spots, got a few more b-gills then switched back up to bassing. The only other bass I hooked up with was a small guy that hit a beetlespin with a twintail chartreuse grub, but he jump and came unbuttoned. I had a small bream try and take a 3" swimbait, which was funny, but no other hits.

1 comment: