Tuesday, May 18, 2010

3 Posts In One!













Where's the worm?



He inhaled it!



My morning session sucked (I will expand on that in the 3rd part), however the evening was very productive.


In the last few days, after doing some research and then putting it to use, I have fallen in love with crankbaits. These things flat out work. I have owned a few over the years, but to the best of my memory I have never caught a fish on one until last year when I hooked up with a tiny bass on my Rebel Teeny Crawfish. It was just luck though, and after many subsequent attempts and failures at catching fish with it again I gave up on it for a long time. However, after reading a lot on these baits I gathered some good info on how to fish these guys, and wow, What a difference it made!


I have been focusing on this particular style of lure for the past few days, but I also tossed some of my beloved cremes and pulled out a few pretty nice bass with them too. The biggest bass I have ever caught on artificial's have come off these little plastic worms. I did hook up with a huge bass this morning with a crankbait, but I didn't get the hook set good and he shook it.


I actually replaced the hooks of two of my cranks because of these missed hookups, and it paid off!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::



I shot this quick clip for my friend John in South Dakota. Thought I'd toss it up here. And no, I didn't actually kiss the fish.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


Epic Fail Litterers!


This is something that not only saddened me, but it also angered me deeply. I am no tree hugger, but trash in nature is not only ugly, it is dangerous to wildlife. If you have never thought about that, or maybe don't really believe it, then look at that fish real close.


I don't know how long it was trapped in that bag, but the water in the bag was hot, and he was very weak. He was floating on the surface, and couldn't manage to push the bag down for more than a few inches before he floated right back up. The spines on his fins were impaled through the bag so that she couldn't back out. I had a hard time hooking the bag, but I didn't give up.


Please think about this picture the next time you don't feel like walking a few extra feet to the trashcan. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment