Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bass Fever!





I’m starting a blog to document my adventures in fishing. Most of it will be new stuff, but some will be from before i started this blog.


Case in point, the bass above. He is the biggest bass I have caught in many years, and the biggest I have a record of. I was alone, in the late evening, fishing at the lake behind my grandmother’s house, when I hooked up with something that felt like a sinking rock! I set the hook hard and started fighting. It took about 5 minutes to get it all the way up to shore. The last 30 seconds or so were very exciting. He jumped high and pulled hard, snapping my rod in half. I had to fight him up to the side of the lake with half a rod, and the other half slapping around like crazy.


But it was all worth it. What a great fish!


BTW: I’m the one in orange.

1 comment: