Saturday, May 15, 2010

Morning Session


Biggest of the year! (So far.)



The live worm bass.



A beautiful fish.



Look at those perfect fins!



I went out this morning at about 6am and sat up in my special spot. I took a day off because I had fished 6 days in a row, and just needed a break. I did not have great hopes, because my last trip proved to be unproductive with a missed hookup, and a line snap with a big bass, but nothing else.


I could not have been more wrong. I pulled in five bass in about an hour and a half. I had two missed hookups, and one nice sized bas shake the hook and lose my worm for me. The first bass I pulled in came from the first cast. As soon as it hit the water this tiny little bass attacked it. By the look of it I thought he was huge, but he proved to be a tiny guy with a big attitude. The next bass was a BIG one, the biggest so far this year! I swear I need to get a scale. The last three were all of average size, but nice nonetheless.


All but one of my strikes came on the same lure. A natural colored Creme double hooked worm. It has been the most productive lure for me this year. The only one that was not on this lure was a bass that hit on a live worm that I picked up off the ground. I hooked him up and tossed him in on a lark and it paid off with a pretty decent bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment